Friday, July 11, 2008

Packed Bags

My Stupid little life
Is all I have to show.
Where is the road of reward
That was meant to be?

Yet why should I weep?
The Gifts of eyes and ears-
Are mine, unto me,
To seize Creation with.

In a world full of music,
I really can't say
That God sent me down
With my bag unpacked.

- A pill for soul ache, from The Idiot's Prayers

... most appropriate. From a bedside commodity book in Hotel Room, called "The Book of Prayer" which exhorts all occupants of the room to pray to the Almighty in different languages and styles. An entity and a belief which explains everything from why fuel prices are going up to why there are traffic jams in Bangalore.
In Delhi last week, the cab driver gave me book of "Prajapita Brahmakumari", and told me that the world is going to come to end in 2012, so I better be prepared and start saving my soul right now. I also read that according to Mayan Civilization calculations it is indeed end of the world or closer. And of course several religious predictions and other reasons of "world coming to en end" are around. While so many doomsday predictions are going around, all I have to say, is The God (if exists) has sent me in this world with Packed Bags, I had fun and I am ready for next journey :-)

No comments: