Thursday, June 30, 2005

Groundhog Day

I saw Groundhog Day one more time on the TV today. I saw this movie first time in UK in 1996 on a tape given by Paul Klaassen. It turns out the background of the movie is real. The plot is simple, an egoist weatherman (Bill Murray) gets caught in the time warp in the small town of Punxsutawney until he becomes a better person. He faces the same Groundhog Day again and again and again... well you get the point.
I remember Paul saying that we are very much like Phil Connors (Bill) in the movie... and I agree. We are all caught up in the same day. We do same things every day, wake up, goto same office, drink same coffee, meet same people and talk about same things. Next day it is all same day again. Gosh.. I even have same wife to meet every day! My travelling engagements have also become kind of routine now...

I liked the movie first time and I still like it every time I see it. I generally like Bill Murray and his tongue-in-cheek comedies.

Here is one more thought.. According to the legend, Punxsutawney Phil (the groundhog - website ascertains that there is only one !) has been predicting weather for 119 years on every 2nd February.. how much more routine you can get?

No comments: