Friday, June 24, 2005

Rental Car

It is rather interesting experience to travel on business. Staying in hotel has its own advantages (e.g. late night TV and room service). But most I like is rented cars. Everytime I travel to a different country my stay is never long enough to actually buy a car for while. So I end up doing these monthly rents. My fav. company so far has been Hertz. And they get me new cars every time. So far I have driven, Chevy Impala, Explorer, Focus, Elantra, Camry, Corolla and many other models that I even don't remember... I guess it is my little fantasy world. I drive new car every month which otherwise wouldn't have been possible for me at all to buy.. Definately not in India where I stay. Most of these cars when imported would be hugely costly and some are not even available...
It is just funny to think about it. The person who could not otherwise even dream of buying these cars can drive them with relative ease and cost in a different country at very less cost when rented.. welcome to globalization and capital world...

No comments: